There were some interesting fashion choices at this years Met Gala Ball, especially from those in the music industry. I was able to talk to some of the artist about where they got their wardrobe for the fundraising event. Here is a couple of highlights.
1. First, we stopped Kanye West (cautiously) rocking a bedazzled jacket courtesy of Limited Too & Kim Kardashian explained that she was wearing the original costume piece of C-3PO from Star Wars.
2. You will never believe where Katy Perry stated her dress was from. After many attempts the artist finally budged and said she got a lot of help from Paris’ Love Lock Bridge. She must have went through a lot to recover these locks and keys. She also was reported to be wearing a “Not Becky” pin signifying she was not the girl Beyonce mentioned in her song about Jay-Z’s secret lover.
3. Though Gigi Hadid looked pretty cute in what she said was Tommy Hilfiger , her boyfriend Zayn Malik said he got some advice from designer, Tony Stark, for this Iron Man inspired suit.
4. Not quite sure what people see in Taylor Swift, but she mentioned that the outfit was inspired by her her personality. My best guess was a snake. PETA has refused to make comments about the few slithery, slimy, reptires Swift killed for this outfit; Probably due to her getting away with everything (especially grammy awards for albums two years old). Make-Up was done by Avril Lavigne though.
5. I’m going to end on a good note. Kendall Jenner was stunning in this Versace dress, check out this short clip from Vogue’s Instagram. It’s pretty hot.